1.1 EV Connect is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and mobile application users. This policy details how EV Connect will treat your personal information.
2. Collecting personal information
2.1 EV Connect may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website, user portals or mobile applications (including your email address, mobile phone number and other contact information);
- Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website, user portals or mobile apps (including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, vehicle information and employment details, if any);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website or mobile app or that is generated in the course of the use of EV Connect’s services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of EV charging);
- Information relating to any purchases you make of EV Connect goods and services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website, user portal or mobile apps (including name, contact details, and transaction details but excluding credit card information);
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to EV Connect or send through the EV Connect website, user portals or mobile apps (including [the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to EV Connect.
2.2 Before you disclose to EV Connect the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
3. Using personal information
3.1 Personal information submitted to EV Connect through our website, user portals or mobile apps will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
3.2 EV Connect may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business;
- Personalize the EV Connect website, user portals and mobile apps for you;
- Enable your use of the services available on the EV Connect website, user portals and mobile apps;
- Send you goods purchased through the EV Connect website, user portals and mobile apps;
- Supply to you services purchased through the EV Connect website, user portals and mobile apps;
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you email newsletters, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to the EV Connect business or the businesses of affiliated third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)];
- Provide third parties with anonymized statistical information about our users ;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to your use of EV Connect’s services];
- Keep EV Connect website, user portals and mobile app secure and prevent fraud; and
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of EV Connect’s website, user portals or mobile apps.
3.3 If you submit personal information for publication on the EV Connect website or mobile apps, EV Connect will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
3.4 EV Connect will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
4. Disclosing personal information
4.1 EV Connect may disclose your personal information to any of its employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.2 EV Connect may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.3 EV Connect may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that it is required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend EV Connect’s legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who EV Connect reasonably believes may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information].
4.4 Except as provided in this policy, EV Connect will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. International data transfers
5.1 Information that EV Connect collects may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
5.2 Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the United States of America: Canada, Ukraine.
5.3 Personal information that you publish on EV Connect’s website or submit for publication on EV Connect’s website may be available, via the internet, around the world. EV Connect cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
5.4 You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section.
6. Retaining personal information
6.1 This section sets out EV Connect’s data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that EV Connect complies with legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
6.2 Personal information that EV Connect processes for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
6.3 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, EV Connect will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that EV Connect is required to do so by law;
- if EV Connect believes that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend EV Connect’s legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
7. Security of personal information
7.1 EV Connect will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
7.2 EV Connect will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
7.3 All electronic financial transactions entered into through EV Connect websites or mobile apps will be protected by encryption technology.
7.4 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and EV Connect cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7.5 You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing EV Connect website and mobile apps confidential; EV Connect will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
8.1 EV Connect may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
8.2 EV Connect may notify you of changes to this policy by email, SMS or within our mobile apps..
9 .Your rights
9.1 You may instruct EV Connect to provide you with any personal information EV Connect holds about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at US$20.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, EV Connect will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary public plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
9.2 EV Connect may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
9.3 You may instruct EV Connect at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
9.4 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to EV Connect use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or EV Connect will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
10. Third party websites
10.1 EV Connect’s website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
10.2 EV Connect has no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
11. Updating information
11.1 Please let EV Connect know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
12. Our details
12.1 The EV Connect website, user portals and mobiles apps are owned and operated by EV Connect, Inc.
12.2 EV Connect is registered in California and Delaware and our registered office is located .615 N. Nash St, Suite 203, El Segundo CA 90245.
12.3 You can contact EV Connect:
- by mail, using the address above;
- Using contact form within the EV Connect website or mobile apps;
- By telephone, at the contact number posted on the EV Connect website; or
- By email, at email@example.com.