New York State Incentives for Purchasing Electric Vehicles & Charging Infrastructure
Electric vehicle sales and market share are soaring, thanks to public demand as well as strong incentives by governments and other authorities. In New York State, electric vehicle tax credits and incentives are readily available for purchasing qualified EVs for your corporate or government vehicle fleet.
The Importance of Adding EV Charging Infrastructure Now
With the growth in the EV market comes a strong growth in the need for a more robust EV charging infrastructure, no different from our nation’s ubiquitous gas stations.
In New York, electric vehicle tax credits and incentives are specifically targeted at businesses and local government agencies, for the purpose of purchasing and installing EV charging infrastructure for the benefit of:
- Customers and clients visiting a business
- Employees working at a business
- Residents living at a residential property
- Students and employees at an educational facility
- Members of the general public who need more access to charging stations
New York State’s electric vehicle tax credits and incentives go a long way toward offsetting the costs of purchasing and installing EV charging infrastructure.
New York’s Charging Station Rebate Programs
New York offers a number of charging station rebate programs, including:
- Charge Ready NY: This rebate provides up to $4,000 per Level 2 charging station installed at most parking lots, including residential lots, commercial lots, office building lots, and public parking lots.
- New York State Tax Credit for Public and Workplace Charging: This New York State electric vehicle tax credit provides up to $5,000 off your taxes for purchasing and installing a new EV charging station. It is currently funded through 2022.
NYSDEC Municipal Rebate Program: This rebate applies to the purchase of EVs as well as to the purchase and installation of EV charging stations.
Panda Restaurant Group Partners with EV Connect to Expand and Manage EV Charging With 30 Dual Port Stations.
Strong Incentives to Install New Charging Infrastructure Now
So far, the availability of charging infrastructure is acting as a bottleneck on the public’s adoption of electric vehicles in New York. Electric vehicle tax credits and incentives are helping to address this need, but for now the imbalance remains.
This imbalance, which is projected to continue throughout the 2020s, creates a strong business opportunity for monetized EV charging services. It also creates an incentive for non-monetized services, since businesses want to be able to attract the ever-growing numbers of customers, employees, tenants, and students who drive EVs.
Manage Your EV Charging Networks with EV Connect
Once you install EV charging stations, you need to run them. To do that, EV Connect offers professional-grade EV charging network management solutions for government and corporate vehicle fleets as well as all industry segments. We also provide you with powerful customization and control options through our open source EV Cloud Platform service.
Contact EV Connect today for more help on New York State electric vehicle tax credits, and to learn how our EV network management services can help your business or agency.